Sunday, April 1, 2012

Well things are going along pretty well,although yesterday was not one of my best days..Usually Mondays are not too good...but its always hard to tell how I will feel..which of course makes it hard to plan.

Jean drove down yesterday afternoon from Orange, went to Jimbo's (our organic store),and bought everything to make a wonderful dinner. Then she came back to our house and cooked up a storm for Tom and I and David and Maureen. Everything was delicious. It was alot of work and driving and shopping  for her, and we really appreciated it.  She could take over for Rachael Ray!

I feel like I am on the downhill slide with the chemo as I just have just  four more to go.  It seemed like so many when I started this series and was looking at twelve. I just know how important all of the love ,support and help that I have received from so many of you that has made this journey so much easier. I also know that having Tom always by my side..and monitoring  everything from medications to appointments when I have no energy has made all  the difference.
Hope you all had a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Who would have known that the same mantra for AA "One Day at a Time" would also serve for fighting cancer... just do what feels possible on any given day and we'll work out everything else later. I am SO thankful that you do not have TWO sisters, you have about TEN and I love all of your friends for being like family to all of us. It makes me sleep better in NorCal knowing that your local friends are always there for you. Thank you, thank you, thank you Jean and everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only does Diane have so many sisters, she's got another brother in Martin, also. And they are all there because of the way Diane and Tom have been all their lives. Not many people are able to maintain the types of friendships they do. You two are always there for everyone else when it's needed; everyone sees you both as their rocks. We love you and are so glad one more phase of this is getting closer to ending.

      Delete
  2. so good to know that there's only 4 of these darn taxol bombings left. keep the faith!! we all love you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete