Monday, April 9, 2012

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. My sister Dara usually hosts Easter, but fortunately this year everyone agreed to have it at our house.  I really appreciate everyone making such a big effort with driving and bringing such great food.. and little kids and last but not least doing all of the clean up!

The happy news of the day was that my niece Erin and her husband Kelly finally got word,after waiting more than two years, that there is a little boy waiting for them in Ethiopia to adopt. She had pictures of him and he is just adorable..They will be making the first of two trips to Ethiopia in a month..and then will have to go back a month after that for the final court date. It was very exciting news..and we will all be excited to meet the little guy.
I am feeling pretty good...seem to have only two or three days during the week that I can really feel the effects of the chemo.Saturday was Tom's and mine 22nd wedding anniversary..which we sort of put off celebrating until I am done with chemo and surgery and we can do something exciting, or maybe even romantic!
I am getting very excited about the end of chemo..and am looking forward to hopefully feeling somewhat normal again.

Today I am going to try and get my paints out again and spend some time in my art studio. Have a good week.

5 comments:

  1. It was such a great, relaxing Easter! Great company, great food, and just sitting under your palapa with you made it very special. Hope you both weren't too tired, and can't wait to see some new paintings. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And belated Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so glad you had a wonderful Easter party. Sad to miss it and your anniversary as well. We had a very quiet Easter, I roasted a chicken; our neighbors who watch our house for us came over for a couple of hours to have dinner with us. Still have a hoarse voice, but energy level is improving. Lucy is happy to be home and back to bossing us around as usual. Oh well, best laid plans...
    Great you are painting again. Love MJ & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's been that long-- how time flies when you're having fun. So glad you had a nice easter... love to everybody, j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding on the Berkeley and Diane's pretty purple dress with "the ribbons of many colors"...that was a beautiful and fun day. Glad you had a nice Easter ...the girls had fun finding the eggs and eating more chocolate than usually allowed
    (I had to beg them to share some with me! Have a good week. The chemo countdown continues.
    I am also so excited for Erin and Kelly (Grandma Dara must be excited, too! Love to you. Pam

    ReplyDelete