Monday, April 23, 2012
Well we had a pretty low key weekend. Dara came down on Saturday and we went shopping for a rolling pin...I have had the urge to make English scones..and of course years ago Tom made me get rid of the rolling pin as it hadn't been used for years! I had also been looking for antique ginger jars to put in my still life paintings with little success. Dara called me Sunday morning and told me that they had hundreds on Ebay! I had a fun day bidding on two (which I won) and then moved on to the beads! This could be dangerous. Tom spent the day at the junkyard getting a part for the Benz...and also working on boat cabinets in the garage...so things are moving along...this is my last week of chemo so I am happy about that...and I haven't felt too bad , so I am happy about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
good gawd, beads on ebay?!??! this opens up whole new vistas, miss diane!! :-) have fun my darling and congratulations on only one more taxol. xoxo
ReplyDeleteNot sure if this proves the point that one should never throw anything out because eventually we need it again....or, throw it all out because you can now find anything you want on ebay and craigslist. We'll have good thoughts going for you this week and hope that this last
ReplyDeleteround will go smoothly. Tell all those nurses that your family can't thank them enough for the work they do and the care they've taken of you. lots of love, jill and robin
I will be thinking of you today and celebrating the fact that this is your last day of chemo.
ReplyDeleteAs for the rolling pin, try getting out the ironing board and iron and see the reactions you get: from, "Mommy, what is that?" to "Do you actually know HOW to use that thing?" Take care and keep posting the latest on your blog....I really appreciate it since I am so far away. Love to you and Tom. Pam