Well today we met with the oncologist...She told me how great I was doing..and the fact that I got thru ten sessions and they didn't have to stop the Taxol was amazing.. We have an appointment with the surgeon May 9th, and I think at that time she will set the surgery date. They have to wait until all of my blood counts come back up before they do the surgery. I am pretty weak from the chemo and she said that is no way to go into surgery.
Then I went and got my chemo with one of my favorite nurses. She told me that I was one of two patients who started chemo at the same time. same age same diagnosis and she said she just wanted to share with me that she really felt that my attitude had really helped me..as I was doing so much better..She asked me what books I had been reading and what had been helpful. The book that my niece Karen sent me Thru the Breast Cancer journey..Grace for Each Hour. has been a wonderful way to start each day. I have about 5 more more books that I read over and over.and find them all helpful..My sister in law Shiela sent me Dr. Susan Loves book and that is really a constant resource...So I guess the bottom line is that trying to keep a positive attitude has probably helped me.however there have been times that I lost it....so I just hope I can keep it thru the rest of this journey. I could not keep it without Tom ..who is himself an enormous positive force in my life and has the patience of Jobe with me. I also have had the daily support of family and friends which been so great ..from bringing food, special make up, electric blankets,beautiful quilts etc.. So thank you all..I feel like I am about 1/2 way thru this and I hope the rest will be a downhill slide ( well at least not an uphill trek..
great post, diane.
ReplyDeleteand, only one more Taxol left. BRAVA!!! you are amazing. xoxo
What more can any of us say except that we would all do anything in the world to help make the next few months even an ounce easier to bear. We love you and thank you for your attitude and grace. Rest today and I hope your blood sugar and headache are under control this time. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo to you and Tom. j.
ReplyDeleteThank God for your positive attitude. I know that it does wonders for everything! And I know your positive attitude helped me through a rough patch or two. One more week of chemo! Yay! I really hope the worst is over and it will be smooth sailing from here on out. We love you lots and lots! Love Jen
ReplyDelete