Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Well there is not too much to report these days..we are sort of in a holding pattern until the 30th when I have surgery. I am slowly getting over the effects of chemo and seem to be getting some energy back but am still bothered by headaches. I felt fine on Friday Sat and Sun, but yesterday the
migraine headache was back.
We had a lovely weekend on Sat going to our "new" granddaughters  college graduation.As most of you know Davids wife Maureen has two  lovely college age children..Daniel and Laura, and on Sat Laura graduated from Cal State Fullerton. A great party..and a treat to visit with Maureens Mom who came down from Oregon for the occasion.

On Sunday We went to brunch at Neta's house.  She had also  invited Toms nephew Greg, wife Jennifer and their son Ty..so that was also fun. and a great bonus to see Greg who is usually working as he is a firefighter.
Last Friday my friend Judy came over and drove me all over Encinitas  and Tom went to the boat.(Poor guy really needs some days off.)
I am trying to build up my strength for surgery so will try to walk a bit more. this week.
Mary Susan thank you so much for the package it arrived yesterday!


4 comments:

  1. Diane let me know if you need anything this weekend ahead of your surgery -- favorite meals to get your strength up, movies rented, anything-- can't wait to have this thing over with! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the headaches. Hopefully the good days will get more plentiful! Just rest and think positive thoughts. I love you and hope I can see you sometime this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you are able to get out to see some friends and celebrate special occasions, but I'm sorry you still get the headaches. You are really inspirational to try to exercise in preparation for surgery, but I think that is a brilliant idea. Just take it easy and one day at a time. We love you and are also in count down with you till the 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you so much mom.
    miguel

    ReplyDelete