Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Well not too great a day yesterday. I had a weird reaction to the dye for the MRI or my claustrophobia got the better of me. I had to push the panic button with 90 seconds left and they took me out of the machine. I felt like I was going to pass out..so the nurse took my blood pressure and the bottom number was below 40 (never a good sign!) .The wheeled me up to my primary care doctor who was three floors up and eventually hooked me up to an IV. It took about one and a half hours to get my blood presser back to normal. Fortunately Tom was there with me..but it did not make for a fun day. No one is sure what caused the drop but they think it was just a reaction to the dye. I personally think that my body  would just not tolerate one more chemical. Hopefully a better day today...After doing some research we have found that the recovery from chemo can take months...so we will just have to be patient..which is definitely not one of my strong suits!

3 comments:

  1. Well, that is just scary. I can imagine your body can only take so much! I'm am really sorry you have to go through this, but really, you have been such an inspiration. Hang in there, Di. We love you and will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, sweet Diane....please tell me you will get a digital Blood Pressure cuff for home use, and monitor your BP as well as keep a record of it to take into Scripps for your next visit. The stress and chemicals in your body is probably causing problems with your BP. Promise me you will do this or I will call Tom and "it will not be pretty"....you know we love you and want you to get the best care possible and "cover all your bases". Love to you and Tom. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not fair!! You did everything you were supposed to do and we thought you'd get a break for a few weeks of feeling better-- ugghhhh.
    Now I'm getting mad!!!!! I love you and will talk to you later today. xo jill

    ReplyDelete