Good morning! Well it seems like things are rolling along here..Yesterday the surgeon and plastic surgeon were able to get together and schedule my surgery for May 30 .I will be happy to get it over with as I feel somewhat vulnerable still having cancer and no chemo. I will only be in the hospital for one night and then four weeks after that I will start radiation for 7 weeks. Tom already told the doctor that he would be staying with me in the hospital. I am feeling much better this week than last and finally figured out that my terrible afternoon headaches were from a drug that I was taking. It turns out 73% of the people taking it get headaches! It was a pill that they had given me when they thought that I had such high blood sugar..but as Tom figured out it was just a mal functioning meter! I don't know what people did before the internet. It of course points out how we all have to be in charge of our own health, and find out as much as we can about what we are putting in our bodies. I have become quite a food label reader!
I had a wonderful evening last night with 5 of my sisterhood friends.They brought great food and stories. We have gone from discussions of husbands and new boyfriends to retirement, grandchildren and wrinkle removers! Just a few changes over 30 years!... I continue to be amazed and grateful that our friendship has endured and thrived for so long..
OK, May 30 is the date to look towards now. So glad you are feeling better and so very happy you have such wonderful friends. love you so much, j.
ReplyDeleteSo after May 30th you will have a cancer free body!!!!! Hallelujah !!! Love you both {>
DeleteNever mind looking out for our own health... I think we all need a "Tom" to take care of everything and research or figure out what the doctors don't know! He's been amazing.
ReplyDelete'love you mom! your my hero! m.
ReplyDelete