Well I had my MRI yesterday...best described as being put in a torture chamber! They had to inject some sort of dye and then they keep you in a tube for twenty minutes with what sounds like machine guns going off! I took a Zanex..but it wasn't much help....did me in for the rest of the day. When we left Scripps I told Tom I wanted potato chips..then went one better and told him I wanted a meatball sandwich,chips and a macadamia nut cookie from Subway...It was my first non organic non healthy meal since October...I paid a heavy price..but I have to tell you that that cookie was probably the best thing I ever tasted! Back on track today...
It turns out that Toms neck pain is from moderate arthritis and the doctor gave him a referral to physical therapy that he will start this afternoon..It was mostly some kind of flare up..as he has been fine for the past few days.He knows that he has bad arthritis in his back so it is not surprising that it is in his neck too.He was working on rebuilding two outboard engines in the garage(which he refers to as his art projects) and I think he could have been bending in some weird way.
Tomorrow I get the results of the mri and see the oncologist and start the next round of fun chemo.Whoopie!
I am hoping that we will get some good news..but I am not overly optimistic about how much the tumor has shrunk...I will be happy if it just hasn't grown. Stay tuned!
MRI sounds like a party.... definitely deserving of subway! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you for the results. love you both
ReplyDelete