Friday, February 17, 2012

Good Morning!
Well Wednesday was oncologist day and yesterday was chemo day (how did my life get so exciting???) It turns out there was a miscommunication about the steroids..and the message that got to the doctor from the nurse was that I was taking a steroid pilll before the chemo..Dr Torry( the oncologist) said that if there is not a small dose of steroid with the Taxol (10 mg) the side effects are worse than the steroid, and more difficult to manage.
so we went with the steriod...and this time things went much better.Blood sugars never went over 300 and came down pretty quickly..If I jumped on my bike they came down 40 points! This am we have an 8 am appointment with an endocrinologist ..who hopefully can help us get thru this whole chemo thing..which of course plays havoc with with everything...So far the Taxol seems to be much more tolerable...but as Dr.Torry keeps reminding me everything is cumulative..so I am just grateful for any good days I have.
Tom  has a doctors appointment today and then physical therapy for his neck this afternoon.. We should possible just move down to Scripps!
Hope all of you have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. well, i'm glad that things with the steroid are finding their way - and am hoping that the endocrinologist will have more information to help you. i'm surprised that they book you so early on the day following chemo but maybe that was their only opening. either way you guys are really toughing it out and i continue to be impressed with your strength and astonishing good humor. much love from santa monica! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you and will see you Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To steroid or not to steroid.....I imagine you both will be quite the experts when this ordeal is done. I'm so glad you got your paintings photographed. I bet you are going to sell a lot of them. Our boys (mostly Connor) is dealing with quite the bug. We can't pinpoint what it is exactly, so that is a little stressful. We will talk with you this week. Keep on trudging along and, yes, you should find a romantic getaway near scripps for at least a week! Love Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and see you Tuesday, jill

    ReplyDelete