Sunday, February 12, 2012

Good Sunday Morning...Well what we have here is the cure almost killing me...I did not know that they put a steroid in with the Taxol..(It is supposed to mitigate the side effects) Unfortunately it shot my blood sugars up to 525..which I did not discover until late Friday night. It took more that two hours of walking around the house and riding my bike to get it down to 300. In retrospect we should have gone to urgent care..but strangely enough I had no symptoms...the doctor told us the next morning  if it ever goes above 350 to go to urgent care, and of course they will not include the steroid in the next batch of Taxol! Yesterday was a difficult day as I had the after effects of the high sugar and then the crash..Dara came down and got me out of the house...and we went to the mall looking for some new shoes for me...By the afternoon I felt much better..with Dara's sense of humor ,and getting out in the world it was just what I needed.

Late yesterday Toms niece Karen (one of my favorite people) and her daughter Sara came for a visit. Tom Karen and Sara went to see a play that Toms great nephew was in, and I went to bed!

So today is another day...so far...( other than the reaction to steroids) I think that the Taxol will be much less toxic, at least that is the hope..

Toms neck is much better..so onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. sheesh - it's all so hard to figure out, isn't it? but so glad that you now know about the steroid and more importantly that They know about the steroid! sheesh.

    thank god dara could come down and create some magic for you. wonderful!

    hang in there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that the steroids kicked your sweet butt. I wish I could take some of your pain away. Gotta love that Dara, she is a sister par excellence! Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete