Thursday, February 9, 2012

Good evening bloggers! We have just returned from a full day at Scripps..so we are a little fried tonight.First we did labs and they were fine...Then we met with Dr Torrey who went over the mri. The bad news is that the tumor did not shrink...but the good news is that it did not grow...and considering how fast it was growing  that is a step forward. She and I were both disappointed that it did not shrink.even a little..but she told me that sometimes hormone receptive tumors do not shrink and I should not loose any sleep over it. I started the Taxol today and that is especially aimed at the breast so there is some hope that that will shrink the tumor...We made an appointment with the surgeon and the plastic surgeon  for next month and I have an appointment with a cardiologist in two weeks who will give me another echo cartiagram and see if he can fine out what the unidentified object is in my heart.(he really thinks its nothing)
So now I am pumped full of  taxol and feel pretty good...Dr. Torry told me not to spend any time worrying that the tumor didn't shrink..as it is not that unusual..the main thing is that it did not grow...so here we go with the second phase....I don't think I will be so sick.
Tom started Physical therapy yesterday and he thinks it will help...He goes twice a week.for his arthritis and shoulder. to try and improve his range of motion.

4 comments:

  1. like you guys, i am disappointed and yet relieved it hasn't grown any. you have toughed out another difficult day and i hope that you get some good sleep tonight. we are all with you!!! much love, billie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take the good news, even if it's that there was no growth. Glad to hear the new therapy went smoothly. Love you and looking forward to seeing you this weekend if you're up to it. Love you both bunches. Dara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update. Glad there was some good news to come out of your mri experience. Hope Tom gets some relief for his neck and shoulders. So important to keep that positive attitude. Love you both. Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, we'll go with the good news of no growth, and if the goal of the last two months was to stop this thing in its tracks, it sounds like you're on the right course, bumpy though it may be. I can offer much more advice on the neck, unfortunately! Have Tom keep his neck warm, especially at night when he sleeps-- always sit so he can look straight ahead and tell him ten times a day to "drop his shoulders" so he doesn't carry stress (stress? what stress??) in his neck and shoulders... and hot yoga has sure helped me.
    We love you so much and I'll see you in a few weeks. Jill

    ReplyDelete