Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tuesday AM

Well I trust that everyone is recovered from New Years Eve.(all of you party animals).. birthday weekends (the Quinlans), and moves to San Diego(Martin).

Tom and I tried going for a walk yesterday morning. It was such a beautiful morning and my denial system was in full gear,refusing to admit that I couldn't walk 45 minutes..on the third day after chemo.I managed a sort of walk and sit and lay down on the sand for 25 minutes..and was totally exhausted...today I think I will try the bike instead...perhaps in 10 minute increments. Dara and Kier came over and Dara brought some delicious homemade ginger snaps that she had made.(Tom was also sure that they were helping his stomach.)

Today Tom and David are going down to the boat to try and get the second bombing of bird poop off of the boat. Some huge bird has taken up residence on the mast, and is making himself quite at home.It always something!We are still thinking of selling Pegasus and buying a trawler...My fantasy is still the Gulfstar 44 motoryacht....I am still hoping for one more boating adventure...there is a beautiful one for sale up in Friday Harbor in the San Juans...but first we have to sell Pegasus....so stay tuned...I have read alot about the importance of having plans for when I get thru with all of this treatment..so my imagination is in full gear...It seems important to have something to look forward to..

6 comments:

  1. You will have many more than one boating adventure, I am sure of it.
    I would like you to come with us to Africa as soon as you are able. We would like to show you the elephants at Chobe National Park,
    and Tom is invited as well. Something else to look forward to, so just hang in there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another boat is great, just don't go through another house buying phase for a while! Back to work today, unfortunately. One more "return from Winter Break" after today. Hope your energy level is better today. Cut yourself some slack. As the doctor said, you're doing amazing, just don't push yourself too much! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you made it to the beach. What a great place to take a rest and soak up some of that good vitamine D.
    I think a trawler is a great idea. One that Bill seems to be thinking about since he has had this injured shoulder.
    Pegasus is such a lovely boat, sans bird do, that it would be hard to let her go I would imagine. Still, more adventures await.
    Should you buy a trawler in Friday Harbor, take lots of time to cruise the NW before bringing her south. We absolutely loved the Gulf Islands and Desolation sound.
    Love and Healing energy headed your way.
    Mary Jane & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a favorite mantra when I am faced with a long journey on my mountain bike. I repeat "I can do anything for a minute." I repeat it over and over till I get through the moment ( or hours). One minute turns into 2 minutes and on and on till hours even days have gone by.. It makes everything manageable:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy Monfort1/4/12, 2:52 PM

    I just typed a long email to you and seemed to have lost it somewhere. I hate the computer.
    Anyway, Happy New Year, I know it is going to get
    better and keep planning those great trips for all
    of us. I can't wait to hear of where we are going next.
    We just got back from eight days/nights in Borrego Spring with our camping group. We ate, drank and played table games the whole time. It was fun, but I gained SEVERAL pounds. Wish I could wire my mouth shut for about a month. I love you, think of you often and if there is anything we can do to help out you and Tom, let us know. We'll be there in a flash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane, you are the "queen" of having a plan or a new path to follow; we all want to be like you. This keeps you going and is part of the youthful, crazy Diane that we all love. Love, Pam

    ReplyDelete