Saturday, January 21, 2012

Well we survived  the last round of the really bad chemo...Today I have been pretty zoned out on Vicodin and Atavan...so feeling no pain, which is good..Not much energy but it is better than walking around with an ice pack on my head! I do feel a certain sense of accomplishment is finishing up this phase as I somehow feel is was the worst part. I was a bit depressed realizing that I would have to go through 7 weeks of radiation..but whatever it takes! My next round of the not so bad chemo will start in three weeks and it will be every week for 12 weeks. Then surgery...
I am glad that it rained today..that way I don't feel like I have to be up and doing things...just laying in bed reading and watching t.v.
Tomorrow I hope  I have more energy...My daughter in law Jen is coming for a visit with her mom...
So that all for today..hope you are all having a good weekend.


6 comments:

  1. good gawd, woman, so thankful that this phase is O.V.E.R. i hope your recovery is quick and that you have a wonderful visit with jen and her mum. we love you!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Woman! You sounded so good today. You are handling this journey with incredible optimism. You are an inspiration. Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Diane....it is ok to lay in bed and "baby" yourself, especially with the chemo treatments and everything else you are going through (think of rest and sleep as a requirement and not a bad thing; I really think your body needs it). Love to you. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phase one down! We are both thinking about you, and glad that you djdn"t hit the wall too hard this time. Maureen cooked chicken soup anyway, so now I am having it for dinner. Wish we could share the bad part too. Love, Dave and Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember when we were sick and Mom would say, "I wish I was sick instead of you." Now we know what she meant, because we would all
    pick up this load and carry it for you if we could. Hope Sunday is a sunnier day for you. Love you so much, xo

    ReplyDelete