Well things are definitely looking up...I got out of bed this morning and didn't feel like I was going to keel over! I had a lovely morning yesterday when friends Judy Diane and Gail stopped over with their great good cheer. And the day before Jean came down and helped me take down the Christmas tree.
This round of chemo has really taken the longest to bounce back from...even though I didn't get the terrible headache...They say that the effects are cumulative...and I believe that they are..the only way I can describe it is that is is like getting over a very bad case of the flu....absolutely no stamina...and that is a new experience for me..
The other bit of great news is that Tom and David have solved the bird problem with our boat!.(I mean we must count our blessings these days!)..After spending a whole day pressure washing the decks,and hoisting a pole up the mast. (Davids idea).. the darn bird was back the next day..or rather the bird droppings were (and they are HUGE)!So the next day Tom hoisted David up the mast and they installed a huge pole that deflects lightning...plus some wires to trip the bird..and at last report that finally worked....Tom is going down today to work on the never ending varnish..so stay tuned..plus he listed the boat for sale yesterday with a broker...All of this time with nothing to do has just given me more time to look at trawlers on line. Actually Tom is looking too.Turns out we are both given to flights of fantasy these days...or course me more than Tom....
Have a good day...I love reading all of your comments and emails..helps me feel connected.
YAY! So Glad you woke with more energy.
ReplyDeleteHappy to hear that Tom figured out the bird deterant. Nothing like frigate bird/Pelican doo to turn a boat into a scow in no time at all. I remember a series of devices Pacific Jade came up with to keep terns off the bow pulpit. One was paddles which swiveled down, dumping the bird when it landed. Pretty funny to watch until the tern figured out how to balance on it, much to Joe's dismay. They are at Isla Isabella for a few days. Happy for them. Sad we aren't with them.
I think Bill dreams of Nordhaven trawlers when he has his moments. He went to Dr. Pepe yesterday. His shoulder/arm is not broken,from his fall on the ice in CO, but has some dried blood in his joint and inflamation. Taking a script for inflamation; hope it works soon. We will drive to La Cruz this year.
Well dear, miss you so much and it is fabulous that you have so many loving friends near by to help. Love and Healing to you. Mary Jane & Bill & the invisible Lucy
Does anyone have a picture of Tom hoisting David up the mast? That sounds hysterical, all in pursuit of a bird with stomach problems...
ReplyDeleteGlad your strength is beginning to come back, just take it as easy as you want. xo
Hi Diane; I think your plan of the Gulfstar 44 is a good one; I looked it up on the web and it is a beautiful boat. I guess it's time to let Pegassus go. What a lot of great memories you have had with her,(as well as some pretty crazy ones) but you will make new ones on a new boat. I will let you know soon when I will be coming to San Diego. Say hi to Tom. Love, Pam
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing you when Jennifer comes down to San Diego. You are such a strong person and admire your strength. I think about you often and say a prayer. Agnes
ReplyDeleteAlso, just wanted you to know I just lit your Irish candle (as I do every night) and always send up the energy from what the candle holder you gave me says "Love, Loyalty, Friendship." You've got so much of that coming from all of us! xo
ReplyDelete