Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Well we had quite an exciting weekend. Tom was pressure washing the front patio..and thought he hurt his back. After a hot jacuzzi bath, one Vicodin, one muscle relaxant, and one Atavan the pain was worse..so I took him to urgent care..where he was given morphine and something else that knocked him out. 
They did a ct scan and found he had kidney stones! Six hours later we got home at midnight with many prescriptions..He had another x ray done yesterday, saw the urologist today and they will do another xray on friday..If the stone does not pass by Monday he will have surgery to remove it..Apparently it is not a big surgery but is uncomfortable! At the moment he is in no pain and was able with Bret and Billies help to move the boat to a slip this morning. They were great crew! Everyone thinks we are pretty nuts moving out of the house...but I think it will be good. The thing is that we both love being on the boat..and it will be a change of scenery..and we really like Dave and Larry who will be moving into the house.It will be also fun to be downtown San Diego.
As for me I am feeling good except that I have the normal radiation burns..that are quite uncomfortable. My friend Jean came down this weekend and helped...and we went looking for shirts that do not rub at all...Its really like having a terrible sunburn..so I will be glad when it is over...and I am definitely on the home stretch...so stay tuned from more news from Geezerville!

4 comments:

  1. I agree that I change of scenery will be good for you both. Instead of a big house to look after, you will have the simplicity of the boat even made more simple by being in a slip instead of a mooring...the extra income probably won't hurt either. My wishes to Tom for a smooth passing of the stone and for you, relief from the terrible burn on your skin. Love you both. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All I can do is pray for you both. Hope the stone passes and no surgery is needed. I agree that a move to the boat will be good. Love you both, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh MY! What next... Hope the stone passes so no surgery. How did the integrated medicine appointment go a few weeks ago? Glad you are nearing the end of your radiation.
    Hope you enjoy being on the boat. Love you guys and hope all these tests go a way soon.
    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure do hope both of you are doing a little better. It never rains, but it pours... and this seems to be a monsoon! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete