Friday, July 27, 2012

Well Tom has been sick all week, and living in the other side of the house! He started on antibiotics on Tues..and is starting to recover today. He has gotten caught up on all of the Westerns and James Bond  movies as well as naps so it is not all bad. Hopefully in the next day or two he will be much better. I have (knock on wood) managed to avoid it..for which I am very grateful, as well for the friends who have been taking me to radiation.all this week. Linda Gunnarson  brought over a delicious dinner. the other night..and fortunately Jimbos is just right over the hill, and they have lots of organic ready made meals. My taste buds seem to be returning to normal..and I can now eat things that I couldn't for the past many months. I think I have about 14 more radiation sessions...The radiation people at Scripps couldn't be nicer. I have the same three people every day and they are just very sweet. It really takes a special kind of person to be down in that basement all day and stay as positive as they do! Have a good weekend. and Jill if you can read this down in Costa Rica I hope you are having a great time in the rain forest!..

5 comments:

  1. Must be so hard to be separated from Tom all week. Hope he feels better soon. Great that you have so many friends who can help.
    Glad you are getting your taste buds back. What a long journey this has been for you we are so happy that you are doing pretty well with all of this.
    With Love, MJ & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Tom is feeling better. Challenging health karma in the family lately! Love you bunches and hope I can see you this weekend or very soon. Love you both. D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting old is not for sissies as you have stated many times. I've been busy with appointments to the chiro, acupuncturists and massage therapists trying to combat a nagging pain in my right shoulder blade related to my old sciatica problem. My friend Greg arrives tonight and we are planning to leave for Rome Wedneday evening. Get well and feel better both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Diane and Tom! We are home safely after a long drive yesterday. I hope Tom is feeling much better as you need him as your co-pilot! I hope you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. You have been thru so much and I really hope the worst is over :) Love you, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, now, Diane....after Tom's Western/007 Marathon is he acting more like Clint Eastwood or James Bond? Does he like the new James Bond as much as I do? Glad he is feeling better, though. Just a few more radiation treatments and you will be done...hope you can get away like you planned. I am hoping to see you in Oct. or Nov. (I'll make sure you will be in town before I plan my flight..I will be in San Antonio for a bout a month before I fly out to San Diego.) Anyway, will let you know...I will "track you down" wherever you are!!! Love to both of you. Pam

    ReplyDelete