well I have finished 9 radiation treatments...Whahoo! I guess that means I am almost 1/3 of the way there.
So far not too many side effects...but today I am a little more tired... so the fatigue could be rearing its ugly head.. We have, however been very busy having fun with grandkids and their parents. Yesterday was cousins day at the beach with all of the eight little cousins running around, surfing and rolling in the sand. Tom and I were able to go down to the beach for an hour which was great fun.
We met with the surgeon this week who really answered lots of questions for us...Wed we meet with Dr. Lin who is doing the radiation....so we just continue to move forward..and work to remain optimistic.
So glad you could enjoy the kids and get to the beach. Hope you continue to do well with the treatments. Love MJ & Bill
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pictures of the cousins at the beach day! So glad that you have had all this time with the kids. I think they do a lot of healing just being near you. I have a very young teacher here who is fighting the same fight and I am reminded what a blessing health is at any age and how much we take for granted that we should not. Love you all and give hugs to all the cousins and grand cousins! xo
ReplyDeletewhat jill said! so happy that these little people can be around now. love to you both!!
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned being optimistic...OPTIMISTIC should be your middle name!! Are we still on for the Hot Air Balloon ride when I get back to the states? Even if you have already done it, I would like to take you and Tom for my "Maiden Voyage" I think the singing group called "The 5th Demension" had a song about riding in a balloon..or maybe it was about drugs; either way we will all be on some kind of perscription drugs when we go "Up, Up and Away". Love you guys. Pam
ReplyDelete