Monday, July 16, 2012
Well today I started week three of the radiation, and met with two of my doctors. So far everything is going o.k. although yesterday I got really fed up with myself because I could not walk down the hill to Swamis beach, hike along the beach and then hike back up the hill...the doctors have suggested moderation..which is not exactly my middle name. Poor Tom had to literally push me up the hill..The day before I had gone by myself and done just fine..so of course I thought I could do it every day.The doctor today suggested a little less and perhaps every other day! Such a concept. Any of you who have gone through a long illness probably know you just want to do what you USED to do!Anyhow one of the more interesting things that happened today was that I got a referral to the Scripps Institute of Integrative Medicine so I am anxious to go and see the doctor there who does alot of alternative medicine. My stepdaughter Gretchen and her husband and our two grandkids Cooper and Ian are here for a few days. This afternoon they are all going bowling with Grampa Tom..I am going to pass on that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can completely empathize. When my hips were so bad, I remember even resenting people just walking through the supermarket because they could walk without pain. We take so much for granted until we can't do something. This is temporary; just keep reminding yourself! You'll be walking at Swamis in no time! Love you.
ReplyDeleteOh, that is great that you are going to the integrative medicine institute. Hope they can help with an engergy boost of some kind or maybe some acupunture for arm mobility.
ReplyDeleteAs for walking down up that hill, Mercury is retrograde for a while beginning last saturday, so travel of any kind, (I include walking in that), can be compromised. Hang in there! Everyday, can't be a high energy day, or you wouldn't have anything to compare it too... Love! Mary Jane
Hi Diane, Feels like I haven't visited the blog in a while, but I got to see you in person which is way better. I very much like the idea of alternative medicine mixed in with your regular stuff. I hope you can find a combination of both that helps you heal and feel like your ol' self again. Keep on with your visualization; the mind is a powerful tool. We love you very much! Jen
ReplyDeleteOn one hand I completely understand our family pattern of not knowing any numbers between 1 and 10, so in theory moderation is a good goal. I also think it is your indomitable spirit that gives you the fighting Irish attitude to kick cancer's butt, so keep that in your arsenal as well. However, I do think you should pass on bowling-- let's save the arsenal for the big fight. Love you so much and look forward to our in person visit on Sunday. Love to the household, jill
ReplyDelete