Friday, August 3, 2012

Well I am happy to report that Tom has passed his kidney stone and will not need surgery on Monday. They did another xray today  and it was negative.We are thankful for small blessings! It is hard to imagine that something so small can could cause so much pain. He is feeling much better...so now moving to the boat is looking better.
I got a new prescription for my radiation burns..so they are not quite as painful. I only have 4 more to go and then they will do a boost which is just along the scar line..so it will give the rest of my skin a chance to heal. I went to the integrative medicine doctor...and he told me he thought I was doing everything I could right now. He gave me a diet which was basically the Mediterranean diet..no sugar, nothing white ...lots of vegetables and basically as much exercise as I can tolerate.I will see him again when I finish radiation and he will set me up with a more complete program...different herbs. meditation.... bio feedback...also told me I should eat alot of mushrooms..(who knew???). so stay tuned..we will probably start moving to the boat tomorrow..a little at a time....more later!

5 comments:

  1. You're sure he said "eat" mushrooms right??? Mike and I will see you tomorrow and help you move to the boat. It will be like the infirm leading the infirm! Love you and tell Tom Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking along the same line as Dara when it came to the mushroom thing!! Diane, you really sound invigorated...Tom passing the kidney stone (ask him if he thought it might be like "giving birth", only worse) then you only have 4 radiation treatments, and you both can look forward to a wonderful time on the boat being around that beautiful skyline of downtown San Diego ..so happy for you. Enjoy. Love you both, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, great news! so happy to hear this. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. As most of you know, Diane is great at minimizing the negative and accentuating the positive. Her radiation burn is much less like a sunburn and more like a hot-iron-directly-on-the skin. After seeing what she is going through and how uncomplaining she is, my admiration at her courage and grit grow greater every day. So do take care of your sweet self, my dear friend, and continue to heal every day as I know you are!
    Love, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some great mushroom recipes you can use -- did you know you can chop them up, and sautee them using taco seasoning and make delicious mushroom soft tacos? much better than it sounds.... also, chopped up mushrooms and garlic and olive oil make for a good bruschetta. xo

    ReplyDelete