Well today was a big day for us as I finished my 33rd radiation session..and was able to ring a very loud bell and NOT say I'll see you tomorrow. The staff at the radiation center are really super..all of them gave me hugs and wished me well...I told them I loved them all but hoped I never see them again..Besides the staff I got to know several of the patients..one lovely young woman who always brought her two kids with her. We talked every day and she just has two more sessions after today.
Its been a long haul..so we are hoping to have a few months of fun before I have the last surgery in Jan ore Feb.
We are enjoying being on the boat and Tom is getting some projects done. The weather has been just beautiful and I am hoping in a few days I will feel well enough to do the beautiful bay walk ..I am not terribly tired but the radiation burns make moving a lot very uncomfortable. David came and had dinner with us last night and spent the night. His wife Maureen is on a business trip to the East Coast. He left this am at 6 and when I was walking back to the boat there was a beautiful blue heron just standing at the dock staring at me.I took it as a good omen...said good morning and just kept walking.
Now I am ready to start the next phase of my cure....trying to get more exercise..and continuing to eat my 9 fruits and veggies..take up meditation in a serious way and find a church that I like. I continue to be grateful for all of the support that I have been given..all the help, prayers,meals,rides etc. I could not have done this alone! And I am very thankful for Tom who has really gone through everything with me...and does not laugh at my new hair that sticks straight up.!
We love you and are so, so, so happy that you've made it through all these treatments and operations and you deserve a lovely break on the boat with your paints and beads and good health to come. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Tom. You show us all what a really good human being looks like. Hope your mobility improves day by day now and you'll be out walking in no time. love you so much, jill
ReplyDeleteYAY! today is a great day. xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteYay! We are doing a happy dance! So glad that is all over with and you have some time to regroup and enjoy life. Have had you in my thoughts alot lately. Lucky you have the meditation garden near by. Perfect spot to meditate. Love you and Tom. You are an inspiration to us. Love & Hugs, MJ & Bill
ReplyDeleteHallelujah!!! So glad you are done with all of this. Tom you are a reflection of true love. I know you both will enjoy having some normalcy in your life, if there is any such thing for you two!!! Love to you both, Karen
ReplyDeleteHi Guys, I am so glad the radiation is over. You took it like a true champ. As I am sure you miss the nurses who helped you, you will be missed by them as well. I'm sure they welcomed your lovely spirit and your positive attitude. Time to really enjoy the boat without all the pesky appts to go to. On a Uter note, I think I now have strep throat. Going to the doc today to nip it in the bud. Love you guys, Jen
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are now able to relax and have some fun as you say. I think actually moving to the boat is a great start to this new phase! Hope your energy returns quickly and you are able to enjoy that beautiful walkway. Love you both.
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS THE BEST POST YET! So happy you are feeling better and stronger, and excited for every day you move forward from all this. And Tom is hands down one of the best people I know. xo
ReplyDelete