Thursday, August 9, 2012
Well we have been on the boat since Monday night...and are really feeling quite at home. It took a few days to get organized..since relocating is definitely not one of my strong suites. We have a very nice slip..and the marina is very quiet...so it is quite peaceful.I only have three more radiation sessions so that makes me very happy. (and Tom too) I got a prescription for the radiation burns and another supply of pain meds..so I should be able to make it through! I don't know what we will do with ourselves when we don't have to go up to the hospital every day! It has been very hot here..so we picked a good time to be on the boat!....Tom is feeling very good with no ill effects from his kidney stone....so thats all to report from geezerland today...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad the boat thing is working out well for you. Would love to see the new galley improvements. Pegasus is such a great boat. Good to know the walker was indeed a prop, as I thought you only needed it occasionally back when you were doing chemo. Also happy to know that Tom is feeling better.
ReplyDeleteCrazy here this weekend with lots of friends coming in for "Copperstock" an every 4 years party/Magic Music reunion--the band Bill played in in the 70's.
So happy your radiation is drawing to a close. Surrounding you with lots of healing energy and happy thoughts.
Love, MJ & Bill
Thinking of you by the water today since it was 108 degrees when I left work today. Will be so glad when the radiation is over. It's really not nice that they led you to believe that it would be like a mild sunburn. Love you bunches and can't wait to see you on Sunday.
ReplyDeleteReminded of back in the day when we would slather on baby oil and bake for hours with tin foil sheets directed toward our face for maximum exposure-- once in Palm Springs I had blistered my chest from a sunburn, and a man who worked with chemicals told Mom to make me coat it with Neosporin-- by the morning it was healed... worth a try, or ask your doctors about it.
ReplyDeleteI think that to be on your boat by the sea is exactly where you should be once you finish the radiation. Stay as far away from "inside" as you can these last weeks of summer. Love you so much and I continue to be amazed by your strength. As they say in Costa Rica, "Pura Vida."