Sunday, August 5, 2012

Good morning everyone....Just in case you didn't know that the walker in the pictures was a joke! My brother in law Mike was taking it back to his house and thought it would be a funny prop. I am really very mobile.walk on my own.and have no trouble navigating the boat! We are still at home and will move to the boat on Monday afternoon after Dave and Larry arrive. Yesterday it was so beautiful down on the bay...and my sister Dara said she felt much better about us being there when she saw the set up.(I know that some people thought we were nuts...and we probably are!) There is a great long stretch  to walk along the bay..and after all of Toms work the boat is looking great. (New sinks counter tops and a new toilet in the aft head) I really feel good except for the area that is being radiated....and I only have two more days of that...and then they will do a smaller area so the larger area will start to heal, which is non too soon for me. We will have our lap tops and our cell phones on the boat..so after Monday that is how we can be reached...My cell phone number is 760-828-2525 and tom s is 760 917 9172....email is the same ...more as it is revealed to us!

4 comments:

  1. Things are looking up!!! I believe that the tough battle has been fought and won! Enjoy your time on the boat. I think being on the water is therapy in itself. Love you lots, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the pictures! And I am so happy you are on the home stretch of radiation. I know you will relax on the boat and I think it will be very therapeutic being on there. There is a sense of peace and tranquility on the ol' Pegasus. I feel it every time I stay on her. We are home now for hopefully a really long time. We are done traveling for the summer and are looking foward to normal life until school starts. We will talk tomorrow. Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. enjoy your time on harbor island! we lived there for many years aboard 'genesis' and had a great time. lovely walks around the island, good deli food, and just the breathing the salt air. i loved it. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am really glad you said the picture with the walker was a joke. I thought you must be feeling really tired these days to need the walker to get to the boat... so glad you are feeling good and so amazing that this stage of treatment is nearly over as well. Couldn't access the blog for the last two weeks so glad to have this good report to come home to. love you all and enjoy the change of scenery! xoxo

    ReplyDelete