Saturday, August 25, 2012

Good morning! I have decided that a once or twice a week entry on the blog is probably good for the next few months.  There is not much new happening..now that I am done with radiation and chemo. The next big thing will be surgery in Jan or Feb.  I thought that I would get tired during radiation but I got very tired AFTER I finished!Apparently it is not too uncommon as radiation has a cumulative effect, and that is what I am feeling now. I am happy to be on the boat.Sitting in the cockpit and watching boats,birds,ducks kyakers.and paddleboards go by is much more interesting than t.v or watching the birds in the fountain at home..I can work on my jewelry and have my paints nearby as soon as my energy improves. We walked along the bay last night and of course the San Diego skyline was beautiful.Tom is also getting a well deserved rest  and is doing some boat projects that don't require too much energy.He is about as tired as I am..and he didn't get radiated.(could taking care of me POSSIBLY require that much energy??? I think so!) Unfortunately we started up the main boat generator this week and it sparked and smoked...so it is going to have to get hauled out and rebuilt..but that will not happen until october and will require some sort of a crane or lift as it weighs about 300 pounds.We don't need it now as we are hooked up to shore power.
My friend Jackie hosted a lovely dinner this week for the Seven Secret Sisters of the Sapphire...Its a group of women that have been friends for almost 40 years...I could only go for a short time and then Tom picked me up.... but it was great to get out and do something social and see such good friends
Thats all for now..have a good weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that radiation is over and that you and Tom are enjoying your time on the boat...it is time to not think about cancer or cancer treatments and just enjoy the following months together and also later seeing your kids and grandchildren again.
    Love you guys. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, can understand why Tom might be tired; you are one High Maintenance Babe! LOL. Glad you are through the high emotional stress and enjoying the boat for a while. Doing your jewelry must make you happy. Hope you feel up to painting again soon. Everyone who walks into my house and sees your paintings from MX loves them.
    Great you were able to see the Sapphire Girls, even if just for a short bit.
    Take care and keep up the good work! Love, MJ & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you are both on the boat and resting. It sounds peaceful and as far away from the hospital and treatment rooms as you can get. Tom pretty much gets a hall pass for as long as he wants-- no house projects, car overhauls or moving for quite a while. Hope the weather holds for your time on the boat and I hope the ocean gives you strength. Love you so much, jill

    ReplyDelete