Saturday, June 16, 2012

Well yesterday we met with the radiologist  and it was quite interesting. I like him alot and he seems to really know what he is doing. They tried  doing another cat scan so they could do some mapping..but unfortunately it was too painful to keep my arm over my head...so Tom (thank heavens) called a halt to the test and said we could do it next week. The radiologist was actually quite positive because my tumor is hormone receptive and that is a very good thing, as it is much easier to control with hormone blockers....so we were actually quite encouraged after the visit.  I will start radiation on the 27th and will have 33 sessions.7 weeks 5 times a week.
whoopie!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like an incredibly good thing -- and I am going to bring you some more recipes for really good meals that avoid any products where you'd ingest hormones (dairy, meat, soy) in the first place! Between that, the hormone blockers, the radiation, and Tom, you should be well equipped for the next round of this fight. love love love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Tom... you've had enough pain for ten lifetimes. You were so very missed on Friday, but we felt your beautiful presence at every turn. I have even come to imagine hearing your voice in the crowd of thousands of proud parents and families. NIna is who she is today because she has such amazing love from you and Dara all these years. Hoping to see you Monday, but still monitoring my cold to be sure it is completely gone. Otherwise, I'll come back in a week to sit and visit with you. Love you so much... happy father's day to Tom. xo jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am getting ready to send Tom a Super Man t-shirt for helping you out by stopping the cat scan (don't these doctors and nurses see how much pain you were in...I think they needed a wake-up call and Tom gave it to them) Of course, for every Super Man there is a Wonder Woman and that is going to be your t-shirt! Let us know about the radiation treatments as soon as you start them. Love, Pam Hope Tom had a nice Father's Day

    ReplyDelete