Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Well today today we went for all of the xrays so they can start the radiation tomorrow. They are really wonderful people at the radiology department. My doctor, Dr.Lee is very personable and I like him a lot. I had to keep my arm in a terrible position,,,so that my fingers went numb and my arm cramped up..so he came in and told me what a good job I had done! I really tried every relaxation method I ever learned...and I really just made it.My cousin  Karen St George sent me a medal,,,of St Peregrine who is the patron saint of cancer patients.. I was  wearing it and the nurse commented on it and said she had great faith in his healing powers...All of the people there seem to be very caring and do their best to make everyone feel comfortable.. So onward and upward  33 sessions.

6 comments:

  1. love you mom and tom. m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - you are my hero! Walked with Dr. Laura. She has great San usurp stories. Let me know when I can visit. Love you, margo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad today the radiation was less painful than the prep yesterday. I love you and you are incredible, and not just because you're my sister. And by the way, you can officially forget about the Ginny doll! Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dara, does this mean I'm off the hook for Erin's My Little Ponies, too? Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Can I be off the hook for ordering you "out of my room!" and all the other things??

      Delete
  5. It is good to hear how the radiation therapy is going. You mentioned that your cousin, Karen sent you a medal to wear of St. Peregrine and I had to look him up on the Web. It said that he also suffered from cancer and worked hard to help all those afflicted with the disease as well as other illness and hardships. Due to his strong beliefs he was healed. The paintings of him show a badly wounded right lower leg, which is where the cancer had settled before it was healed. I love this story. I think I'll become Catholic! Love to you and Tom. Pam

    ReplyDelete