Well I just finished my 2nd radiation treatment, and it is not too bad. I go 5 days a week and I think it will take about a half hour..of course a half hour there and back makes it about an hour and a half. Scripps has things pretty well set up.It is certainly alot easier than chemo. The radiation is pretty exacting .The first day they drew all over my skin then put several little black dot tattoos ,then they have to align everything. If I respond like most people I should not get any reaction until the second or third week..and they I will just be tired...which of course I have been for the past 7 months! The position I have to stay in is a little difficult, as my arm is still sore from the surgery..but it is getting easier.
Son Nate and his wife Jen and their two boys Connor and Dylan are here for 4 days and that has been great fun...I really love being around the grandkids and Nate and Jen have been a great help. When Tom woke up this am he just looked at me and said "I love that sound"...I asked him what sound and he said ."somebody else emptying the dishwasher!" My niece Erin came over with her son Kier and the three boys had a great time racing around in go carts,bikes and electric cars. Michael and family arrive on Sunday night..so it is a happy time for me.
Hello- you sound good my friend. I'm glad you are enjoying the sound of boys. We have many Legos and bionicals that would love a new home. Let me know if you'd like a delivery. We leave Thurs. for my nephews's wedding. My cleaning lady was going to dog sit but she canceled today. Never a dull moment. Jake was able to trade in his ankle to hip knee brace for a much more flexible brace that is open at the knee and bends. Better for long plane rides, dancing at weddings and water skiing!!
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like kids to put things in perspective and make you smile. Can't wait to schedule a time to see everyone. Hang in and I love you.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing like family and especially grand kids. Did we ever think our kids would be better parents than we were? It's comforting to know that none of our grand children would ever even think of taking someone's car keys and throwing them down a hole that just happened to be in the bedroom wall...oh, was that Michael? Or, always dressing up their little 4 year old brother in girls clothes so that he looked like a small version of Madonna or Cindi Lauper, make-up and all..oh was that Glenna and Rocky? Anyway, our kids somehow turned out alright (let me know something Tom's kids did, since I don't have a story to tell about them..,and also David if you have the chance.) Love you guys. Pam
ReplyDeleteSo glad it is going well. Love it that you are surrounded by the family and all their energy. Sure that will help carry you along. Hugs, MJ & Bill
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your time with the kids and families. Hope your energy holds out! Love you so much, j.
ReplyDelete