Well another thrilling day at the doctors yesterday. This was the plastic surgeon and she was able to take out lots of stitches and put in 200cc of saline into my skin expander! It was sort of like pumping up a flat tire...but just putting in enough air to get a little lift. I could not figure out why I felt like I had broken ribs..but it turns out that there is a little valve near my ribs that they use to put in the saline. Tom of course was very interested in how the valve worked. since alot of the swelling has gone down I can now feel the valve.The doctor assured me that the pain will definitely subside .Fascinating stuff! My good friend Billie is coming down from Santa Monica today to stay with me while Tom goes and works on the boat. Tomorrow we see the radiologist who will set up the next step which is the 7 weeks of radiation.
I think that Tom and I are both feeling less anxious about the stage 3 diagnosis...and we are gearing up for a good fight. I have beaten the odds more than once in my life..and I really feel I will this time too. I really appreciate all of the support from so many of you and I know that that will make a huge difference in terms of winning this fight.
Leave it to the engineer to be so fascinated with a valve! Hope you had a good day with Billie today. Realized today that the great cookbook you had and I thought I ordered on Sunday was still sitting in my cart in Amazon. Think I'm going to make some of the couscous over the weekend. Will be anxious to hear how things go with the radiologist tomorrow. Love you both.
ReplyDeleteHi there; I am finally back home where I can send you messages again without having to find an internet cafe or a McDonalds with Wifi (don't know if I got that right). I kept praying, though, that your pain would go away and that you would heal quickly. We are all hoping the radiation treatments will get the rest of the cancer and that you and Tom will be on your next trip as soon as possible. I know you have probably already planned one the day the doctor says you can leave! Love to you both. Pam
ReplyDeletethanks Pam..I am feeling better every day...although still not ready to run any marathons...Saw a great picture of you with your granddaughter and you both look like you are having a great time...Keep the prayers comming I need them!
Delete