Monday, March 26, 2012

 Well we had a very nice weekend..On Sat Tom and I drove up to Laguna Beach to go to our friend Arnolds 90 Birthday party..It was really a wonderful occasion, and he received lots of well deserved  recognition from friends and many of the Laguna activests for all of his many talents and contributions. I was really surprised that I could stay for three hours,but we had such a good time that the time flew by.




On Sat my niece Erin and her husband Kelly did the Susan Koleman walk for the cure in Los Angeles. Erin raised over 800 dollars for cancer research and their walk was dedicated to me which was very touching.   I hope that when I get done with all of these treatments that I can do the walk myself, and hopefully with Erin.

This morning my friend Judy came over  which allowed Tom to get out of the house and go to the boat. The plan was that Judy and I would go to  to Jimbo's,  and Target and then cook.  We made it thru Target fine ( I needed a bread pan and a muffin tin)...but then I faded half way thru Jimbo's.and Judy had to finish up the shopping!  Then of course  she had to bring everything home and put it away...which is usually Tom's job!  Judy was of course (with good reason)  worried that I was going to pass out in one of the aisles.  I have gotten used to my new state of health which is always questionable...but others get a bit worried.

Tomorrow David is coming down to help Tom on the boat...and I may or may not go.  I have started to get the neuropothy in my feet and legs that is very common with Taxol...and I am not enjoying it one bit...but I only have 4 more weeks to go, so I am hoping that it will not get too bad as it can affect my balance..and as most of you know I am slightly unbalanced to begin with!
My sister Dara is coming down on Wed and is going to take me to get my labs done...so we can have a visit. Thursday is chemo day, heart doctor day and oncologist day...plus I have to rotate jewelry in the gallery...busy day.

4 comments:

  1. wow. this whole thing is so up and down, isn't it? 3 hours in laguna beach but can't make jimbos. it must really keep you off guard. so glad that there are only 4 more sessions. then goodbye taxol! hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had such a nice weekend. Sounds like a really wonderful party to attend, and I'm sure Arnold thought so too!
    Give Dara a hug from me on Wednesday. Wish I could have a cup of tea with both of you. xo j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just need to take things one hour at a time. I imagine at times it must seem like a lifetime ago that all of this started. Love you and wish I could give you some of my energy (not that it's all that great though!) Will see you in the morning. Hugs to you too Jill. We'll have an extra cup of tea for you.

    ReplyDelete