Monday, March 5, 2012

Well since Toms last post things have gone very well. The Taxol chemo is definitely easier to tolerate, and I have been feeling pretty good. Last week I even felt well enough to go over to my niece Erin's for dinner. She mastered cooking on the barbeque and everything was delicious.

I was really going to bypass this birthday for now(the big 70!) and celebrate in the fall  but David and Maureen wanted to host a birthday barbeque for me yesterday that was just wonderful. Great food, good company, and fine music made for a very special afternoon, and I soooo appreciate everyone and all the effort that it took. Being at their house is like being at the edge of the world which you can see with the  photo of my nephew Brett and his boys.









  
Thanks so much! I am so fortunate to have you all in my life, and I love you!


Today back to reality as we have an appointment with the plastic surgeon. Tomorrow my friend Billie Williams is coming down from Santa Monica, and Wednesday my sisterhood ( 7 women who I have been friends with  for 30 years) are coming over.(yipee)...as I love them all and we always have a good, irreverent  laugh, and God knows I need a good laugh these days. Thursday is chemo day again, and Friday if I feel well enough Tom and I will do something for my real birthday. So it should be a good week, but we will definitely get my labs done the day before my chemo.

Tom is still  being bothered by his gastritis and is going to physical therapy for his neck which is improving. When I look at our life today I am reminded of Katherine Hepburn who when asked how she felt about getting older she replied.."Its like driving an old car on the freeway."  Which unfortunately is how we feel these days.Hopefully all of this shall pass...and we will sell Pegasus and find that perfect Gulfstar 44 motoryacht..and have yet  another  fine adventure.

5 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good party, and so sad we couldn't be with you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are great-- who are those sorority girls and where are my sisters? love you all and thank you so much David and Maureen for representing all of us in kicking off the birthday season. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the "Mom" pose... she always said to lift your chin for pictures! It was such a great afternoon and David and Maureen are such wonderful hosts! Diane, you and Tom are amazing and we were all so fortunate to be included with your pre-birthday party. Love you both, and thank you David and Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well ms raj, we missed you. It was a great day to celebrate a wonderful women.

    ReplyDelete