Well today was hospital day again..We left the house at 9:30 this morning and just got home at 4:30 ...Gee we really know how to have fun. Yesterday my friend Billie came down from L.A. and we went and tried on wigs. I really wanted to get this blond one (thought that Tom might get a thrill) but she assured me that I looked like trailer trash with it on...I personally thought it looked hot..but I took her advice and got the brown highlighted short number. So now I am good for wigs, headgear and scarfs...also stocked up on paintbrushes and beads, because you know you can never have too many of them.
Today we saw the cardiologist who did not feel that the unindentified object that showed up in my heart when they did the echo cardiogram was of much importance. They did an EKG and it was normal...its probably the only normal thing about me right now. We went out for a nice lunch in Del Mar and then went back to scripps for Chemo Class..where they tell you all of the horrible things that could possibly happen with chemo..It was really thrilling..The bottom line is that the next few months are going to be boring don't eat out, avoid crowds,try not to fly, don't be in confined spaces ...I think it might mean that I can still go to the Quartsite Rock and mineral show as that is outside??!!
Stay tuned I start chemo at 1:30 tomorrow......
You are an inspiration and are so loved by me and everyone who know you! I will be sending you good thoughts and much love tomorrow as you begin your "drip" journey.
ReplyDeleteJean
Well I think 1:30 can't come soon enough. The sooner it arrives the sooner you will begin the road to wellness. You are an inspiration and very brave. As Jean said you are so very loved.
ReplyDeleteThis would be a great time to catch up on your books, magazines and television shows..things you haven't had much time for lately. I will be thinking of you with extra love tomorrow as you start the dreaded chemo. Humor is really the best medicine and I'm glad you have a lot of it. We shall talk soon. Love Jen
ReplyDeleteI think that was Mom channeling you to get the blond wig...if only all the people who love you could take a small piece of this burden and carry it for you, you know we'd all be lined up around the block. love you, jill
ReplyDeleteand i kind of like the trailer trash look anyway...
ReplyDelete