Well it has been another fun filled week here in Encinitas....We have a well worn path to Scripps hospital. We met with the plastic surgeon Dr.Arya who seemed to feel like everything was coming along fine after the surgery to take out the expander, She took out one stitch...Interesting fact is that they now sort of super glue the wound close rather than stitch it. I was really upset because I was still sore from the expander removal and so I asked her how long it would be sore for and she said about a month! I am not a patient person...I have also decided to get my crowns replaced as my oncologist recommended it before I start any kind of meds for bone strengthening. so I will have a not too great body but GREAT teeth! You know you have to take what you can get! Today we met with the lung doctor who said that he thought the strange thing in my lung was numenitis from the radiation but he can't be 100percent sure without a lung biopsy..I had a choice of waiting 3 months and see what happens or get the biopsy done now...and I said now...so I will probably have that next week..He said if I was going to worry about it it was better for my health to have it done now.
On a more fun note I got a new great chair for my art studio today and Tom just put it together..so I am defiantly getting closer to painting. I am feeling good..started a garden in the front yard and we walk every evening at the beach. Tomorrow I am going for a hike with David and Maureen and my niece Shannon and her boyfriend who are coming down from Santa Monica. Last year at this time David told me about the lilacs that are in bloom out at Daley Ranch by his house...I could not hike anywhere last year at this time..but I told him I would hike with him this year, so I am very excited.....I am sure there are lots of paintings out there! Tom and I have gotten addicted to the PBS series Doc Martin,,,I don't know if it is still on but we have worked our way up to season 3...When we were in England we went to Cornwall and that is where this was filmed...so it is sort of like a return trip. Thats all for today....hope you are all well.
I can't wait to hear about the walk with everybody - how did the flowers look? Did you get any pictures?? How about posting some of them?? And yes, Doc Martin is a really fun show, I agree. xoxo
ReplyDelete