Saturday, March 9, 2013

Well I am sorry that I have not posted in abit..It has been quite a roller coaster week! We were very happy to learn that the breast biopsy came back negative so I did not have Inflammatory Breast cancer. Unfortunately the pet scan turned up two lesions on my spine and the biopsy came back positive. It was quite a blow because we were hoping that after surgery things would get back to normal...that unfortunately is not in the cards. We met with several doctors this past week and while this is supposedly not curable it is treatable. My plastic surgeon told me that she has one patient who has lived for thirty years!  The truth is that no one really knows so I am going for the 20 year option, and I still do have hope that I will be graced with victory over this disease. I will keep doing everything I can, and Tom and I are going to enjoy life as much as we are able.  I hope we can keep on having fun . I am tired of being the sick one, so I am happy to learn that the next round of treatments will not be as debilitating as the first round. Please keep the good thoughts and prayers coming.  We SO appreciate all of the love and support that we have had this past  year. I will post next week after we meet with the oncologist.

2 comments:

  1. Obviously this sucks. But I know that with your strength and the help of all your amazing doctors at Scripps and the love of your large circle of family and friends, that you will be able to handle this. Love love love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. We will keep you in our thoughts and are sure that you will be among the long term survivors. You have such a great attitude and wonderful support from Tom and all your friends. Keep up the good fight. Sending you love and healing energy.
    You should get a do over on your Birthday.
    xoxoxoxo,
    MJ & Bill

    ReplyDelete