Good morning all of you out there in bloggerland! Today is chemo day for me.Tom and I went yesterday and met with a new doctor that I just loved. She was young and spent alot of time answering all of our questions.My original doctor went on some sort of leave and I was not happy with the doctor I saw before my last chemo..everyone tells me that it is very important to really like your doctor and this new one was just great. I will see her from now on.She sat and talked to us for about 40 minutes, and outlined everything that is in front of us.She told me that I was a very strong woman and was really breezing thru chemo..(well some days it doesn't feel like that,but I guess for alot of people my age it is much more devastating...so again, small blessings that I am thankful for.
All of the little ones and their parents have returned home.My sister Jill and her family left yesterday, and daughter Gretchen and family left last evening.for Seattle.Son Michael and his family had a fun two day driving adventure getting back to Arcata.Actually for a 5 and 2 year old spending many hours in the car that is quite amazing.
So now I am off to Scripps for #three chemo treatment...I certainly never imagined last New Years eve...that this is how I would be spending this one. I am learning a lot on this journey about what is important and what is really not, and family and friends are really at the top of the list..I love you all and wish you Happy New Year..
Thanks for the update-- we'll be cheering for you the whole way. A year from now we will all be together and so glad that all of this will be behind you. We love you, xo jill
ReplyDelete