Well we have had a busy three days..but have so enjoyed having all of these little people around. Michael and Brooke have been camping down at the beach in our 5th wheel..but poor Brooke got the intestinal bug that Cassidy had..so she has been out of commission for a few days. Michael has been mr mom..trying to keep the 5th wheel going (he now knows the value of hook ups! Ran out of water and power...but he got it up and running again. Yesterday afternoon we went out to David and Maureens to have a little Christmas celebration with them and we got to spend some time with Maureens delightful adult children, Laura and Daniel.We had a wonderful meal prepared by Maureen and her daughter Laura.
On Thursday night my friend Jean came down..and took over as "house manager" while gretchen and chris and cooper and ian michael cassidy and iris ate pizza.Tom went to the Botanical Gardens Christmas Light show with Gretchen and Chris and Cooper and Ian..but I was not quite up for it. Jean went over to the organic market and got wonderful food for me and some of the adults.Then she did a mountain of dishes...I told her she could have the job as "house manager" on a permanent basis,but she didn't show much interest.(Gee I wonder why??)
Today Michael and Brook are going to move here if Brooke is well enough
Seeing all of these little munchkins has made me soooo happy!Being kids they don't even notice that I am wearing my Bedouin headgear! My sister Jill and her family arrived in the area yesterday..They rented a beachhouse in Oceanside..so that will be an added treat.Sadly my nephews wife Billie has pnemonia and may not make Christmas..she will be greatly missed.
I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas..thank you all so much for your love, support.. and prayers they means so much to me.
I hope
Tell Jean her replacement has arrived. The Raj elves will be over soon and we absolutely love love love to do dishes.... see you soon, j.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful update! A true San Diego Xmas is in progress...I'm sorry that Brooke and Billie are so sick! We are busy with all activities as well. Today is the Charger game, then out to Chinese food, then a drive around Pacifica to see some cool houses, the opening of two gifts per kid, some Xmas books and a fire and some hot chocolate, then off to bed! Santa has some work to do! I am so glad you are happy and having an awesome time with everyone. That is what Xmas is all about. We will chat tomorrow! Love Jen
ReplyDeleteyou are very blessed, girl. very very blessed. cancer aside, of course. but in the big picture, you are surrounded by more love than most of us have in a lifetime. glad to be even a small part of the picture. much love, billie
ReplyDeleteGlad you are surrounded by family and friends and much love this Christmas.
ReplyDeleteYesterday Bill and I roamed the docks wearing Santa Hat and Reindeer-antler hat passing out gifts and holiday cheer. Today is Beach day, then to Willem and Lisa's house for Dinner.MERRY CHRISTMAS! and love to you two. MJ & Bill