Friday, September 20, 2013
Well I spent a fair amount of time today giving an update on our trip..because my good friend Judy reminded me that I had not published anything since late August....but lo and behold the whole thing got lost in cyberspace and I can't find it. so for now let me say that we had wonderful visits with Toms niece Karen and husband Bobbie and their new granddaughter as well as daughter Sara..and had the thrill of holding a beautiful 4 day old baby girl. Karen had just broken her foot..but she is soldiering on.
Next we went to Pacifica and had a very lovely visit with Nate and Jen and Connor and Dylan...We sort of drop into sports land while we are there..Nate is coaching..both boys play and Jen keeps things rolling and gets everyone where they are supposed to be, which is no small feat.On our last night with them they took us out to a wonderful Peruvian restaurant on Montero beach.We got to eat outside with a fire pit...great company and great food. It was a real treat!
We have been up in Arcata for 10 days parked in Michaels driveway.Their house is behind anther house off the main road with a big driveway parking space in front...so we can just hook up the 5th wheel and have our own little apartment.We have been picking the kids up at school and 2:30 and 3 which is a treat for them as their parents don't get home until later. I am usually ready for bed when the kids are as one of the side effects of the shot I have to get every month is fatigue which some days seems to get me worse than others. However other that that I have been feeling good and I can rest whenever I need to. Tom has been busy re gluing their dining room chairs..a job that I thought that I would do but of course did not realize what a monumental job it was. They are antique chairs and had to be taken completely apart..Michael wanted the seats covered in red vinyl...and I must say they look great.
Last night was very exciting as their dog Newman got sprayed by a skunk at 1:30 in the morning.
We will leave here on Monday..heading down to Trukee to visit our cruising friends Don and Llena..then home..Hope this finds you all well and happy.
Diane
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a wonderful trip you have had! We loved seeing you and the boys and Nate will see you in November. Have a safe journey home. Love Jen
ReplyDelete