Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Well we have been on the boat for almost a month, and it has been great. I have been doing very little except reading,painting and watching the world go by. We have a slip that is right next to the channel so we can see all the boats coming and going. Tom of course has been working on boat projects doing the woodwork, and painting. He did a lot of sanding and also brought the pressure washer down and did the decks...Unfortunately half way thru washing them he dropped the wand in the water so he couldn't quite finish.  We hired a diver to see if he could find it but no luck, so he ordered a new one. Friday we will move the boat back to the mooring, and Sat we will move back to the house and get ready to go North.We will just move most of what is on the boat into the 5th wheel..so it shouldn't be too hard.

Big news of the day is that  yesterday was my monthly doctor visit with my oncologist, Dr. Mellisa Torrey. One of the things that  the blood test monitors are tumor markers...they should be below 38...mine were 52 then last month they went down to 42 and this month they were 35! all of the other blood work was normal except that I am still slightly anemic. I get a bone strengthening shot once a month that does tend to make me tired...but then again I could be tired because I am 71!

We have not been very social this month..and have really taken the time to regroup. I am reading many books on cancer,diet exercise etc and one titled Beating the odds.Also a very  interesting book  titled Life Over Cancer by Dr. David Block..who has a large integrated cancer center in Illinois. ..Of course I am also reading regular novels since we have no t.v.(which oddly enough we never miss)

Will write more while we are on the road.
love to all
Diane

1 comment:

  1. so glad to know that the month in the marina was wonderful and gave you the rest that you needed!
    have a wonderful road trip!! love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete