Wednesday, February 27, 2013
Well so far we have not had a very fun week.The most exciting thing was a new refridgerator that David and Maureen helped us install on Sunday night. We had also bought a new living room rug which we had to bring back because it was not the right color. In full disclosure I should admit that it is the second rug to go back because I wasb.t happy with the color! Monday I had a back molar extracted that didn't want to come out because I had a wisdom tooth lying sidewise next to it. Not at all fun.I felt like a truck drove thru the side of my mouth! Today We went early to Scripps Integrative medicine Center..I got injected with a radio active isotope and had to wait three hours for it to go thru my system to get a bone scan, While I was waiting for that I went and got injected with something else, which made me feel very hot and had a contrast ct scan of my lung...then we went over to Green Hospital so I could have an EKG...then we rushed back to the integrative medicine place because the three hours were up and I could get my bone scan...While we were waiting Tom asked me if I should take an ativan and I said no... But when they put me in the bone scan tube I had to tell them to back me out and go get my husband in the waiting room who had the ativan Of course I took two...and made it thru the test...but I came home and slept for 4 hours...Friday I will have some biopsies done and next monday I will get the expander out and another biopsy...Definitely not my best week....thank heavens for drugs! And thank heavens we got away for such a lovely three weeks! I am still hopeful that all of this is just a precaution and my doctors just want to know what every last thing is...and when you are 70 you have alot of stuff going on
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is just not great - to have you and Tom subjected to so much. I hope that you can both hold on to each other's hand and know that these times will get behind you. And those walks on the beach are surely the best antidote to the Scripps grind.
ReplyDeleteWe all love you!!