Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Well yesterday I had the  unpleasant experience of getting a back molar pulled..I had to go to an oral surgeon because I have a wisdom tooth sitting sideways next to it. Fortunatly they gave me lots of good drugs...so I was rather loopy all day,walking around with an ice bag...The doctor was really great and called at 8 o clock last night to see how I was doing. Today I get blood tests to make sure I can get the bone scans tomorrow, and I need to get an ekg test before they take out the expander which is now scheduled for next Monday for a 6am hospital check in. We should find out today when they will do the biopsies. I am on antibiotics because of the tooth,,so I have to make sure that that won't screw up any of the tests..There is really no end of things that they can look for in a 70 year old body!And no end of the things they an find! I am so glad that we were able to take a break from all of this ,and am remaining optimistic that all of these tests are just a precaution...I am still feeling good and remain optimistic that this is just a little bump in the road. This past weekend we were really on overload and unfortunately had to cancel a visit with two of our favorite people Karen and Bobbie Soliz  who have been so wonderful and supportive throughout this journey.Fortunatly David and Maureen came over on Sunday evening to help Tom move in a new refrigerator in and empty our old one which was VERY old
So stay tuned and I will give you more information when we get it.And if you can say a prayer that we get good news this week thanks, diane

2 comments:

  1. Well, what a storm of worry. Have been thinking of you and missing you. Will send prayers for all to be resolved with positive news. In the mean time please know that you are very loved, as is Tom, and that we hope your journey will be at it's Happy ending soon. Stay strong.
    MJ & Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all just sucks! Not the new refrigerator, just the rest. You've both had way than your share. Wish there was more any of us could help with. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete