Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Well Happy new year to anyone still reading the blog..We had a really wonderful Christmas and enjoyed so much seeing kids and grandkids..and Christmas Day at my sister Dara's and husband Mikes house.Twenty adults and 8 kids under 7! All of the kids were great and they even TRIED to look happy wearing reindeer antlers for their group picture. We really enjoyed having Gretchen and Chris and Michael and Brooke and  our grandkids here..for a good visit.
I am feeling good and yesterday after Michael and Brooke left Tom and I took it easy reading and then went for an hour walk down at the beach.  It was a beautiful sunset and a great way to start the new year.  The best thing was that I could walk for an hour and didn't have to sit down once. For me that is real progress,as in the past I would have to stop and sit every once in a while. We each have doctors appointments this week and then are going to try and plan a trip our to Arizona in the 5th wheel, and of course a visit to the Quartsite Rock and Mineral show...(can't have too many beads you know!)
Happy New Year..and I will post any new medical developments as we know them. As of now the next surgery is scheduled for February..but we should know more this week.

4 comments:

  1. yay,you are getting stronger. Sounds like you had a great holiday season.
    Quartzite, one day I will have to go there.
    Has been rainy and dreary here, but sun came out today. Drank champagne toast on New Years with Don and Lenna.
    Driving to La Cruz as can't seem to get a break to take Max south.
    Good luck at the Doctors.
    xoxoxo MJ, Bill & Lucy the IC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year to you too! Christmas sounded fun and chaotic and all the things that makes families great. :)
    Keep posting to the blog. Many of us receive notice through the feed. We don't have to go looking for posts - we get an email that says that you have posted. It's easy-peasy.
    much love, Billie

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2013 will be a MUCH better year! Love you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great Christmas and a great start for the New Year...I miss those beautiful sunsets over the Pacific Ocean..Neta sent a great picture of one just recently; oh, well, I'll just have to run to Paris for a few days to lift my spirits...as soon as I save up enough Euro..no free sunsets there!! Glad to hear that your family is doing well. Take care. Love to you and Tom. Pam

    ReplyDelete