Friday, November 1, 2013

Well this was a very nerve racking week starting with a full body bone scan on Monday and a ct scan the same day.Wednesday I had about 5 viles of blood drawn and Thursday (yes Halloween) I had an appointment with my oncologist to go over all the results. I was quite a wreck all week waiting! Tom gets the good husband award for living with me, and casually suggesting that I might want to take an ativan. When you are my age you know that they can always find SOMETHING that you are not expecting! Fortunately the news was all good. My blood work cam back fine..Tumor markers were fine and the two tumors in my spine had not grown and had actually diminished slightly in size. I am enormously relieved and determined to improve my immune system even more. We have really changed our diet and are trying to improve our exercise. I just love our evening walk on the beach and what used to take me an hour with some sitting down breaks now just takes me 45 minutes with no breaks. We have booked a Caribbean Cruise for February..which is something I used to think about while I was getting chemo..Tom is not too interested but sour friends Craig said that he can get a tour of the engine room so he is looking forward to that! Sister Dara and Brother in law Mike are going as well as friends Mike and Kathy. Dara and I are going up North for a sisters weekend in December with sister Jill..and Tom and I are going up to Bellingham Washington for Thanksgiving for a long awaited visit with Gretchen, Chris and the boys. Thats all the news from Encinitas and I must confess that I broke my no wine rule last night! Tom,friend Cindy, and I sat on the patio and opened a bottle of red..and it was a Happy Halloween!.. love diane

3 comments:

  1. You definitely received the "treat" this Halloween. You are doing and looking so great, and it seems that this month the shot hasn't made you as tired and fatigued as last month (knock on wood!) Love you bunches, and thanks for being my muse with reconnecting to my artistic side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so happy for you both. we think of you every day and love you so much. miguel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news all around. And what a vacation to look forward to. Tom will love it! Hope you had a nice visit with the boys and we will see you in December. Love you! Jen

    ReplyDelete