Thursday, December 6, 2012

Well yesterday was doctor day again. One of the biopsies was for cancer and that put us on edge until the results came back. The biopsy showed no sign of cancer so for that we are so relieved and grateful. It would have meant another round of chemo..and that was not an easy thing to contemplate. The biopsies  also could not identify any bacteria that is common..so our next step is to go to the infectious disease doctor who can tell us if it is any uncommon  bacteria.We have that appointment on December 14th. In a month  the red area has not gotten better or worse..and my feeling is that it is just some weird thing that my skin is doing after radiation...however the radiation doctor does not think it is related to radiation..And two other doctors do not know what it is.after cultures and biopsies and antibiotics.The only reason any of this is important is that I can not have any kind of reconstruction surgery until they know what is causing the redness, and we were hoping that that could take place in February.No one wants to operate or put me in the hospital until they know what is going on. So for now we just follow the doctors advice..and  we will see what the infectious disease doctors have to say. My guess is that they  won't know any more than the other doctors, as I really don't think it is any kind of infection. I have had no fever and it hasn't gotten worse. It really started after I worked in the yard..so maybe it is that I am allergic to yard work! Now if I can just get allergic to housework I would be all set. So stay tuned, and ,as my sister Dara says, just hope that the infectious disease doctors do not come out in those big white suits.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very grateful that it isn't cancer. I do hope they find out what it is soon so you can go ahead with your surgery. Maybe you and Tom will figure out what it is before any of those doctors :) Love you both so very much! Jen

    ReplyDelete