Thursday, September 20, 2012


Well another week has gone by here at the dock, and we continue to be amazed by our ability to do very little, actually some days next to nothing. Anyone who said we needed the rest ..you were right. It is very peaceful here and we have really enjoyed the last two  months . My energy level continues to improve a bit every day..and I am less and less feeling the effects of the radiation. I am told it can take a year before I  get all my energy back..so we are trying to change old behaviors, and take things at a slower pace.

We will probably move back to the house next week, and then the following week take the 5th wheel up north.  We have been watching old DVDs of Northern Exposure for an hour at night...which we really like, and since it is getting dark earlier its a good way to end the day
.
We got up early this morning and walked along the bay which was beautiful.Sometimes we walk the docks at night..but usually by then my energy level is not too good..so mornings are better. I have seen three doctors this week including a return visit  to the head of integrative medicine at Scripps, who recommended that I take some mushroom extract, which we immediately went and bought .The list of vitamins that I am taking continues to grow and I think I take about 15 pills every morning! Besides trying to eat a very colorful diet of fruits and vegetables...I am trying to increase my walking time..I would like to get up to an hour a day..but right now a half hour is about it.
For right now that is good...and we are after progress not perfection.
That is it for tonight..love to all

2 comments:

  1. Glad your time on the boat has been so relaxing. You and Tom needed time to just regroup! Love you and see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of progress, not perfection. I have a wall of good thoughts and ideas at school and I think that one will go up today!
    I hope you will stop to see us on your northern expedition. We love you all, xo jill

    ReplyDelete